Saturday, June 2, 2012

Farewell Bikini Summer

Ok, I'm sure none of you have been able to sleep, so I'll relieve the anticipation ; ) We have one lucky winner being Ms. Laura Novick with her guess of 6 1/4" for the incision length. Way to go! Adam even got a sneak peak of the thing and still guessed about 3" over. Yes, it's quite deceiving.

Now on to a year of keeping it covered from the elements (the nurse warned against sun and frost. Frost?! Like I really look like the roll-in-the-snow-naked kind of person?) and a farewell to a summer of bikinis. My girlfriends were saying they've actually seen some really cute one pieces out this season, and I wondered if they were just saying that to be nice, or that our tastes really are turning old. (no offense all you one piece wearers...it's just that I haven't worn a one piece since about 8th grade, and the only people I ever see wearing them are either kids or moms : ). Well, just an excuse to go shopping now, I guess.

As for everything else, life is slowly turning back to normal, and in our downtime, Adam and I have been enjoying the ability to relax, play games, read books, watch movies, and, oh yes, wedding plan. I sit in our living room looking at the forest of flower arrangements and get-well cards and think, wow, it looks like someone just had a funeral! Crazy to think that all these symbols of good thoughts and prayers came from such a variety of friends and family who where able to reach out from all over the world. I think that's the part the makes me tear up the most - not the pain from the surgery, but the amount of love that really surrounds me. It's freakin' incredible. Thank You Everyone!

From here on out, I just don't know how exciting our blog will be for awhile since most of the scare and worry has subsided, but then again, that's how we want it, right? With fingers crossed that everything heals as planned, Adam and I still will be plowing ahead with our summer agenda - time home with the family, out to Idaho for some wedding planning at the end of June, then back to France to explore the south for the rest of the summer. I do have a mandatory check-up at the Mayo in three months, so I'll be headed back to the US for Labor Day before heading back and starting Chapter II of life in Paris.


3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. I'd like to see you & Adam before you leave town if possible, since I have yet to meet him. Give me a call sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Bridgette .. what a trooper you and Adam have been! You might consider a tankini which will give you the feel and utility of a bikini, but still keep that bad boy covered :) What a nice reward to such an aweful spring to be able to have some family time and then some real vacation time in France! See you soon.
    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time in the USA now that things have calmed down. Your hosts in SW France await you!

    ReplyDelete